Brown Sound Collective
 Starting All Over Again
 The reason for screwing it up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

marv
Forum Admin

32 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  18:00:43  Show Profile  Visit marv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Disaster has struck.......I upgraded the forum to the latest version and completely failed to realise that in doing so I'd screw it all up. I've still got a copy of the old data base and all the messages etc. but I couldn't seem to get it from there to here. Sorry. You'll all have to register again...[:(]

The upgrade was an attempt to get over the probs the boards been having recently but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped....

We'll get there in the end.....

Sorry onece again and I will keep trying to get it all working and put up all the old stuff.

RAWK!

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  17:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But... but... I was a tubthumper...

Ah well, it's a new year, and the dawn of a new era for The Steve Brown Sound. Sory my contributions to the Vic have slowed down. I'll try and get back on it soon.

All the best.

Tubthumped.

Nick Hilditch
=============================
Style Consultant to The Sound
Go to Top of Page

Lukey
Who are the SBS?

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  10:12:13  Show Profile  Send Lukey an ICQ Message  Click to see Lukey's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello there - a new board, eh? Well, let's start filling it up!

Thanks to those that came to my house party - it's now very warm :-)
And special thanks to Neil for his surprise appearance (surprise to me at least) - cheers mate. (and thanks for good wishes from those that couldn't make it - including Nomes 4am Voicemail) Anyone fancy a barbeque in the summer?

To Holly and Steve, congrats on the arrival of Jools - I hope we can meet up soon. Maybe I'll manage to leave my pad one w/end and journey from Brum to sunny Scotland... I think Ali and Fab will have a new arrival soon, too.

There were some rumblings about a party in the park thingy in Bp in the summer (mentioned in the Vic)- let's get talking and see if we can organise it (be handy if Nick and Csilla got married at the beginniing of August, I think!!). A week in BP is called for this summer, I reckon - traditionally the P in the p is in June, ain't it? What'll work for you?

CHeers all, and keep up the sterling work Marv. Doesn't matter losing a few messages when there's this love all around man, yeah. Sorry, no moredrugs, so i have to pretend!

The Dead One
Go to Top of Page

marv
Forum Admin

32 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  12:36:21  Show Profile  Visit marv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Luke....loved the party. Loved the love.
BBQ sound s nice

BTW just to warn you I'm gonna update the whole thing again soon. But don't let that you stop writing.....cos my ability to screw up is infinte!

RAWK!
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  18:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... not sure we'll cobble together a wedding in time for August. Sorry, about that, but then we need to keep reasons for SBS reunions in 2004, 2005... and so on.

Frankly, I'm too skint to get married.

Glad your house is nice and warm now, Luke. Hope to make it there before the end of 2003.

P in the P is generally held in June - last year the council held one without telling me, which goes to show how far things have fallen apart, especially since Graeme had appointed me to run the whole damn thing last year...

So maybe it's time for sub P's in the P. We can call ourselves The Real Party in the Park or something...

Nick.

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

Lukey
Who are the SBS?

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  10:44:41  Show Profile  Send Lukey an ICQ Message  Click to see Lukey's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nick, was it you or Nick that sent me an ICQ?! - I thought it was Beardy, the Drummer, but has he visited us here recently? I'm guessing I was wrong and it was you Nick, the Style Consultant to the Sound, not the other Nick...

Would June be OK for all? We mentioned August in Brum, but I'm easy. So long as we get a love-in sometime!

The Dead One
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  14:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It were me, our Luke.

I don't believe I've ever seen Mr. Beard on this here site. Correct me if I'm wrong.

June would be splendid. No idea as yet when I'll make it to the UK.

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

Vic
Who are the SBS?

6 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  20:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are too many boys on this board!

Great party Luke - my only complaint is that you must have used some dodgy sultanas in that mulled wine...

June is fine for me (if you don't mind girls coming, that is.)

You're all welcome to Vic/Nick palace in Brighton too.

Vic

The Girl
Go to Top of Page

Steve
Lacky Lady

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2003 :  13:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
Just to say that me, Holly and Jools quite fancy a BP trip in June sometime - we'll need to decide on when's best though.
I always thought it was called the Lark in the Park anyway, not the Party in the Park. If we call it the Lark then we can avoid confusion with any unofficial inferior imitations...

SteveBrownoftheSteveBrownSound
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2003 :  09:48:08  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're quite right. It was Lark in the Park, and in honour of Graeme it ought to stay that. I'd better check when Csilla's end of year exams are so I don't end up turning you all down again because she's studying.

Otherwise you'll soon stop believing me, and think I don't want to put you up.

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

marv
Forum Admin

32 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2003 :  09:22:22  Show Profile  Visit marv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK guys,

I've been a bit busy ogf late so haven't been able to much in the way of articles. It would be great however if you anyone would liek to do a bit.

[:D]

Marv

RAWK!
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2003 :  17:46:21  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been a bit busy too... don't you have a couple of old unused articles I sent you, Marv? Or did they not pass muster editorially?

I'll try and get a new one to you soon, but I can't see there being any before April...

I read that British civilians have been advised to leave Bahrain - anyone know where Graeme & Jill are?

Nick

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

Lesly84666
Who are the SBS?

Austria
10 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2006 :  19:58:04  Show Profile  Visit Lesly84666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just do not get it....

[url="http://www.scuba-diving-sites.com/scuba-diving/scuba-diving-cayman.php"]Scuba Diving Cayman
[/url] - [url="http://www.hostels-sos.com/hostels/hostels-las-vegas.php"]Hostels Las Vegas
[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Lesly84666
Who are the SBS?

Austria
10 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  08:01:13  Show Profile  Visit Lesly84666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nick

It was Lark in the Park, and in honour of Graeme it ought to stay that.

I'd have to agree with <user> on this. honour was much better. Better in every way.

[url="http://www.scuba-diving-sites.com/scuba-diving/scuba-diving-cayman.php"]Scuba Diving Cayman
[/url] - [url="http://www.hostels-sos.com/hostels/hostels-las-vegas.php"]Hostels Las Vegas
[/url]
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
© 2001-03 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000