Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Steve
Lacky Lady

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2003 :  13:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Band

What ARE we going to do this year? What would you be up for? A gig or 2 in Budapest? A tour of each other's houses in Britain? Another album?

Any ideas?

SteveBrownoftheSteveBrownSound

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2003 :  09:44:00  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speaking as your style consultant, I propose the following for the new year:

Send the Pop Idol EP to John Peel
Bombard John Peel with requests to hear the SBS
Record new album
If you want to play Pepsi Sziget you need to send in your demo now.
Tour everybody's living room.
Conquer the world. And if not the world, at least play a gig in someone's kitchen to show you're flexible.

Nick Hilditch
=============================
Style Consultant to The Sound
Go to Top of Page

Lukey
Who are the SBS?

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2003 :  15:39:58  Show Profile  Send Lukey an ICQ Message  Click to see Lukey's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just got back from LA - sorry guys - i failed to line you up any gigs up.

Called round at Mike and Zeta's gaff too, but they felt SBS wouldn't be right for their kid's first birthday bash... Nicolas Cage wasn't in, and Mike Tyson's house is a half-empty shell, though he has finished his mutli-story car park in the back yard.

Even managed to pick up a few rays on the beach and started 'On the Road'. Won't be the same reading it in Brum!

PS June works for me.

PPS Congrats to Ali and Fab who have brought a new sprog into the world - almost certainly as gorgeous as the first one!

The Dead One
Go to Top of Page

marv
Forum Admin

32 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  16:36:25  Show Profile  Visit marv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So Nick have you sent pepsi sziget the EP yet then mate. I am scared...if you do that I'll do John Peel

RAWK!
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  18:43:05  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have a copy of the EP [V]
If I did, I'd happily send it in...

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

marv
Forum Admin

32 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  10:19:25  Show Profile  Visit marv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK mate...postal address - email...I'll get one biked over to you.

RAWK!
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  10:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll e-mail it to you.

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

Lukey
Who are the SBS?

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  10:58:17  Show Profile  Send Lukey an ICQ Message  Click to see Lukey's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen those adds for 'America or Bust?' (Doubt you will have, Nick!)

People like whats-his-name Hadley and Dollar, faded singers from yesteryear, on a tour bus round the states, performing in backwater towns, in Popstars type knockout?

Maybe SBS can try and get in on the next series...

The Dead One
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  19:30:10  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Too soon to say any more precisely than June for Csilla's exams. How about you come in July, then it's not an issue.

Nick.

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

marv
Forum Admin

32 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  20:28:52  Show Profile  Visit marv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I;ve done the CDs I'll get em in the post this week. woooo hoo fame awaits

RAWK!
Go to Top of Page

Steve
Lacky Lady

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2003 :  14:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Done, Marv. Maybe we should contact a load of record comnpanies. Or should we see how it feels to get knocked back by one first, just to see if our egos can stand it?

Go to Top of Page

Steve
Lacky Lady

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2003 :  14:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lukey, are you on about that Reborn in the USA thing?
I'm not sure we were ever born properly in the first place never mind being reborn. Reformed, Re-hashed, regurgitated, but not reborn...

Go to Top of Page

marv
Forum Admin

32 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2003 :  08:03:32  Show Profile  Visit marv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So do we have any dates yet for a possoble SBS Hingarian party in the park/sziget type thing?

RAWK!
Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2003 :  19:35:57  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Csilla's last exam is on June 20th. We may be in the UK for a week or two in July, and would obviously like to catch as many of you as possible. Will definitely be passing through the Midlands.

Neil sent me an E-mail the other day asking whether I thought it'd be a good idea to include a section on the SBS site for nonsensical ramblings.

I told him it already existed.

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page

Steve
Lacky Lady

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  11:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would seem that the logical time to have a meeting-up in Budapest would be around Pepsi Sziget. However, Beardy doesn't reckon he could make it then as he's doing summer school stuff.
The end of August/beginning of September might be good for me, Holly and Jools. Lukey's keen.

Also, me and Nick D. talked about the possibility of the band getting together for a rather lengthier period, say a couple of weeks, for more concentrated practice. After all we are dead rusty. We entertained the idea of a cottage in the country where we could make as much noise as we liked and where Nick could show off with his new drum kit.

Thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

Nick
Lacky Lady

Hungary
43 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  21:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Nick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
End of August beginning of September would definitely be best for me. In fact, I might throw myself a surprise 30th b'day party around then. But don't tell me about it. That would ruin it.

Incidentally, plans to come to the UK this summer have been scrapped. I'm now saving up with a view to moving back to the UK in 2004 to do an MA. I ill however pop home this Christmas.

Anyone heard from Luke?

Nick

Nick Hilditch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
© 2001-03 Go To Top Of Page